Thursday, October 30

Fall Classic Ful-Philment

As reluctant as I am to admit it, I truly am a Royals fan at heart. However I do have a National League team that I also follow. Since the retirement of Bagwell and Biggio from the Houston Astros (my former NL team), I have become a Philly Phanatic. I was so stoked for them to go to the playoffs. After showing the critics and nay-sayers that they were for real, they held their trophy aloft for all the world to see. The last time Philadelphia won the World Series was in 1980 against the Royals nonetheless. Congrats to you, Philadelphia!




Kansas City, its your turn. Let's get back to that early-80s kind of dominance. My 09 MLB predictions: KC Royals over the LA Dodgers in a sweep!! ...we'll see :)

2 comments:

luke said...

nice prediction. we can always hope!

Elizabeth Jorgenson [creative] said...

holy monkey! i didn't know the Royals were ever good enough to even play in those final games of the playoffs. ....what happened!?