Friday, December 12

My roommate Tyler is a bluetooth jerk

Let me set the stage:
My roommate Tyler walks in the living room on his way to the kitchen after just getting home from work. I (laying on the couch enjoying the latest Sports Center re-run which I had seen once in its entirety at 2am) ask him, "Hello good friend, how was your day?" To which he replies with his head obscured by the refrigerator door, "Wha?" So I repeat my question a bit louder so he can hear it with his head burried in the fridge, "Hello good friend, how was your day?" There is a pause then he says laughing, "Oh, haha, I know right?" This adverts my attention from the television and I turn over and say, "Eh?" to which he says, "Haha, oh hold on Stephen is talking to me." Now, judging by the title of this blog, I suppose you have already caught on to what is taking place here...I however did not have this little assistant to aid me in this time in confusion. After he revealed the hidden, compact 2001 Space Odyssey-esque bluetooth in his ear, I now knew what was happening; this did NOT however make me ecstatic that I had been given the 'talk-to-the-hand' treatment by such a tiny device. So when he was sleeping that night, I chucked it off our balcony.


(This is my roommate Tyler)

I hope that you have not fallen victim to this heinous and down-right insensitive act of cruelty. If you have, then you know exactly how I feel. Pray that those who are around you do not get bluetooths (blueteeth?) and become total jerks.

5 comments:

Tyler R said...

So, you haven't wrote a blog post in months and this is your first one to break this silence?

Luke and I have been laughing out loud here at the Bistro as we read this and I recalled the story.

To everyone: He is leaving out the SECOND time, moments after I got him this first time, in which I left a voicemail for luke and stephen kept saying, "Lukes not here, Lukes not here!"

Good times. And I DO recommend getting a bluetooth, they are hilarious.

Elizabeth Jorgenson [creative] said...

No blueteeth for me, sir. No way!
I find them incredibly annoying. I hate it when people are in the grocery store talking to themselves like crazies!!!

I would throw it off the balcony too.

luke said...

so this makes me your favorite roommate right?

ps tyler got stephen again tonight--and he wasn't even on the phone, just pretending to be on his bluetooth. now that is cold.

Stephen said...

Yeah, I really only told of one of the many accounts that this character has "bluetoothed me". But he'll get what's coming to him soon enough, just you wait.

Anonymous said...

Nice! I love how that picture has become the icon of the true Bluetooth jerk. I'm sure it's some "lifestyle shot" from some Bluetooth manufacturer that is supposed to make you want to get a Bluetooth.