Tuesday, March 24

Betchya Didn't Know (Part 4)

(This is part 4 of a 5 part series of getting to know little known facts about me - some of these you may already know)
I have never had chicken pox.
Fact:I was sheltered as a child.
I often played by myself in my room listening to educational tapes and building impenetrable Lego forts. So sheltered in fact, that when I went to Kindergarten I had never had chocolate milk before, I came home wildly excited exclaiming "Mom, they have brown milk at school!"
We moved quite a bit when I was young and I never had any friends until Kindergarten in Missouri and then we moved to Kansas - so i wasn't ever in direct contact with anyone who had the red polka-dotted virus. When I was about 16 I was given a shot that gave me the symptoms without the itchy bumps, this was so if I caught the virus as an adult I wouldn't get the shingles. Now you know.

No comments: