Tuesday, March 17

The Springtime Basketball Tournament ®

The Springtime Basketball Tournament®
Since the name that is normally used for this "mad" time of year is registered, I came up with my own: The Springtime Basketball Tournament® (if you use it without my express written consent, then I get to hunt you down, beat the snot out of you and shot your dog)
Here are my Final 2+2®:
Michigan State, Memphis, Pitt, UNC - Pitt is crowned victorious after a tight battle with Michigan St.

Obama's Final 2+2®
Louisville, Memphis, Pitt, UNC

Emma Story!
Today she was filling out her bracket for our office pool. I kept hearing her say, "Oh, I bet they'll win. Oh, they're probably pretty good." Taking pity on the girl I went over to see how things were going - not good, not good at all. Really Emma #15 Binghamton beating out Duke in the first round? Or Western Kentucky making it to the Elite Eight?
I took some time to explain how the rankings work and that the closer the team is to being #1, the better they are. She understood and proceeded to print off a new bracket. Out of curiosity I asked her why she chose the teams she did, her response was (and I am not making this up), "I choose the teams according to who I think has the most black players on it." Can you blame her? Better factoring than choosing teams based on whether their mascot could beat up the other mascot I suppose.

No comments: