Monday, March 30

STeAlyouRBUCKS

In a college town, there are many places that try to take advantage of inexperienced, dumb-as-a-brick frat boys, daddy-bails-me-out sorority girls, throwing-money-at-it-solves-all-of-our-problems Johnson County kids. But none more so than Starbucks. So you go in expecting to pay $first-born child for a venti white chocolate mocha w/shot of chocolate carmel espresso, that's a given. But here's where they get you. You wanna log on to the internet to check your e-mail, blogs, fantasy baseball, your fantasy relationship with your fantasy girlfriend? Its gonna cost ya. $2.99/2-hour log-in, or $9.99/mo. No thank you.

I imagine that this is to keep some of the riff-raff out, but last time I checked the riff-raff was just discovering that WWE RAW had been moved to Monday nights and that they could upgrade their single-wide to a double-wide. I mean the 22-hour laundromat in aggieville has free internet and it has all of the town's riff-raff who more or less live there (more).
So how is the monster defeated you might ask? Simple really, see what other networks are set-up in the area and log on to one that you don't need a password to (I suggest the one entitled "Motorola"). How do you think I'm posting this right now?
Dear Starbucks,
You may be able to charge me my first-born child for one of your delicious gourmet coffee drinks, but I will not sell one of my kidneys to use your internet. You have been defeated. Jerk-heads.
Love always and forever,
Stephen

3 comments:

Chris said...

I didn't notice the monstrous starbucks logo until a second viewing.

yea, wireless internet can pay for itself by costumers staying longer or being drawn to the store because they have wireless internet.

oh, those gift cards you were interested in, i used them.

HEY HEY! I do have a starbucks gift card. interested?

Stephen said...

Chris,
My point is: Why not go to Bluestem, Radina's, the 22-hour laundromat, friend's house, or any hotel lobby for free internet instead of paying for it out the nose at Starbucks?

~LB said...

thats funny I sold my kidney for my drink today. They didn't even ask for my first born.