Sunday, December 21

BA-BFA-BFFs













(LtoR:Ryan, Me, Kasie, Aubrey)
So this week we said good-bye to a long-time friend, colleague, inspire-er, outside-the-box-thinker-and-do-er: Kasie Fry. We went to Manhattan's very own high-scale healthy-eatery, Panera Bread. (It is slowly growing into a favorite of mine, since its a safe place to eat at).
I ran her thru a series of gauntlet questions, and here is the conversation that followed:
{Stephen} So is it "Kasie" or "KC", like Kansas City or Kind Chihuahua?
{Kasie/KC} Its "Kasie" with an 'S'.
{S} Like "KCS"?
{KCS} Nope, like "J,M,K,A,S,I,E,Q,7"
{S} Lots of extra unnecessary letter there, were your parents hippies?
{JMKASIEQ7} Might have been...(cue "sudden realization" face)that would explain so much.
{S}How were your last finals ever at ol' KSU?
{KC}Bien! I had a final in Spanish.
{S}Man, no me gusta examens de espanol.
{Kasie}Si, me either-o. I didn't quite understand the test, it was something about a Japanese family and flowers or cats or something.
{Esteban} Bueno. Almorzamos aqui a Panera Pan (We are eating lunch at Panera Bread). Isn't that impressive?
{Aubrey/Maria}Tango un gato in mis pantelones. Y no me gusta gatos.
{S}(fast-thinking-change-of-subject-as-to-not-make-aubrey-feel-awkward)So KC, you're moving to Utah,eh? The bee hive state?
{K}Whoa! How'd you know that?
{S}I am full of useless information.
{Aubrey}(interrupting the last conversation I've ever had with KC) Yeah, that is why he is a hero champion at Trivia nights
{S}(Rolls eyes, dusts off shoulder then huffs on finger nails)Yep. So you're going to what school? And what is the mascot?
{KC}Utah Valley University. And the mascot is the, um, Valleys? Or something, Salt-Lakers maybe. I don't know.
{S}Oh, well I think they're like the Wolverines or something.
{Interrupter Aubrey again} Yep, see how awesome he is at trivia?
{S}(Rolls eyes again) So, do you have a station wagon?
{KC} No...
{S}You should probably get one. (exit scene)
(*Those were the final words that I ever said to Kasie/KC/Maria/KCS Fry. I wish her luck in all her endeavors at UVU.)

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I'm glad you went with the interview style, but I especially love that you tagged Wolverines in this. And I sound a incredibly demented...Fantastico!

PS: Maria es mi abuela's name. You really are a hero champion.