Wednesday, December 31

I am a Graphic Design Warrior...

...and have the scar to prove it. This afternoon I sliced my left thumb something awful with an exacto knife. Cutting out invitations for our annual banquet (NOT the invites a few posts below, btw). All will be well. I was taken to the ER for precautionary terms and given 3 sutures (the awesome cousin to stitches(that cousin that gets tons of sweet swag for christmas and drives a mustang - that kind of awesome cousin). Should be healed and back on the force in 7-10 days, but I have super-awesome recovery skills, so I'll be back in action by Friday - guaranteed.



Bad things about getting your left thumb sliced:

*my mom can now text faster than me
*simple tasks (opening door, carrying bags, high-fiving, jumping rope, making paper airplanes) are now impossible
*much harder to get your pants unbuttoned then rebuttoned than you'd think
*can only hitch-hike from one side of the road

Good things about getting your left thumb sliced:

*sympathy vote
*no more awkward left-handed hand shakes
*get to make up a sweet story for every person that asks (i'm gonna stick with my 'samurai sword fight story' for now)
*will have a scar (along with more stories to tell!)

Fun Fact: Keating has been around for nearly 35 years, I am the first ever to get workman's compensation. Truth!

2 comments:

luke said...

is it just me, or is that not your right hand in that picture...?

Stephen said...

taking a picture with PhotoBooth on a mac flips everything backwards, like a mirror. Good catch bearded one.