Sunday, April 19

EARTH

Next to HBO's Band of Brothers (seriously, can a Hanks/Howard co-production EVER be beat?), my favorite series on television has to be the Planet Earth series by Discovery.
They spent over 10 years gathering footage and filming some of the most magnificent and never-before-seen animal behaviors. Incredible footage.
In leu of the over-used 'going green' campaigning, Disney has jumped on board and will be showing a 1 day only event called "Earth" at select movie theaters on April 22, Earth Day. This movie will follow 3 animal families over the course of their season and all of their struggles and triumphs.

This is the beginning of a series called 'Disney Nature'. I imagine that it will be pretty cheesy since its geared towards kids, but I don't mind. I mean, its narrated by James Earl Jones - can't get much better than "The Voice" can it? Fortunately Seth Childs is showing the film and I'll be there at the 9:30 showing - join me if you'd like!

1 comment:

Alison said...

This movie looks quite amazing!