Saturday, April 11

Hatch Show Print

Long story short, I would like an internship at Hatch Show Print in Nashville more than anything this summer.
It is the sort of place that holds many of the same values that I hold. It is also rich in its 130+ year history of using the old-fashioned get-your-hands-dirty way of designing. They still use old wooden blocks of type for printing that give each of their posters that allow for such a unique and personal quality that cannot be replicated with any technology today.

I am sending in my application this coming week, but first I had to send this thank you letter to Jim Sherraden, for his talk in Dallas and his impact on my design. He has influence me more than he will ever know. Wish me luck on an internship opportunity!!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

You have no idea how much you deserve it! You're a shoo-in, buddy. :)

rachel rianne said...

uh seriously COOL stuff there, stephen.
i really really hope you get it.
that'd be freaking fantastic.
way to go for it.