Saturday, January 3

2008 in review

I was going to make a list of 08 highlights before realizing that someone who often has similar ideas had beat me to the punch. I did however realize that my list (although very similar to her's) would be uniquely different.

Stephen's Best of 2008:
* Spring break trip to Nebraska
* Summer Tour with Abandon Kansas (5 dudes + 9 states + 1 van + 20 days = best road trip ever)
* Getting introduced to Flagstaff, AZ
* Wading in the Pacific Ocean
* Golden Gate Bridge in San Fran
* AIGA trip to NYC with my best friends
* Meeting Chip Kidd
* Hearing Malcolm Gladwell in person
* Going atop the Empire State Building
* Being plucked from the audience at the Blue Man Group show
* Multiple K-State football games and KC Royals + a demolition derby with Ryan Barten
* Multiple K-State football games with Cliff Hartman
* Being down on the court as Michael Beasley & Co. whooped KU for the first time in 25+ years at Bramlage!!
* 1 year with Paige
* Becoming roommates with Tyler and Luke
* Freelancing with !ntegrity Graphics
* Long nights on assignments
* Straight A's both semesters
* Sagmesiter with KC AIGA
* Winning an art scholarship
* Having web design class with Jay
* Turning 23
* EVE6 on New Year's Eve in the 'Ville
* Going to Hammerpress in KC
* Filleting my thumb on Dec. 31st.
* Trading in the futon of 4 years for a real bed
* Becoming president of AIGA
* Smoking my first cigar
* Watching Michael Phelps dominate the Olympics
* Live music nights at Radina's
* Exploring the attic of Willard Hall, then getting trapped on the roof
* The Dark Knight
* Passing of grandpa Max
* Another great year with Antony Miguel Cardenas Cortez, my sponsored child
* Hearing Garrison Keillor live
* Randomly meeting and getting autographs David DeJesus, Billy Butler, Joey Gathright, and Dennis Leonard of the KC Royals
* Will Farrell, Nick Swardson, Zach Galifanakis, and Demetri Martin in bramlage
* Halloween as Gilligan with my Mary Ann
* Destroying my mouth with a blazin wing from BWW
* Running a 5-K
(please feel free to help me add to this list if I'm missing anything!)

No comments: