Wednesday, January 7

Operation: "Get Stephen His Music Back"

Over this Christmas break tragedy struck. I accidentally deleted ALL of my music from my lappy. I had a stupid amount of music - about 70GB worth. Ouch. I didn't know that my mac had stored all of the iTunes files in a little folder called 'iTunes' in my 'Music' folder (which does make sense now, it just never occurred to me). I was needing to create some space and boy did I ever!
Thankfully the I am surrounded by the Music Red Cross. After telling some co-workers about my awful tragedy they came to my rescue. Dan Richards allowed me into his vault of a crazy amount of cds and has granted me access to it at my convenience. This will significantly help restore much of my lost 70's and 80's (yes, i am a synthesizer sympathizer) Larry "Opa" Weigel a talented musician himself has allowed me the key to his sacred treasure chest of music. I am pretty pumped about this since this little dandy is mostly filled with jazz and instrumental tuneage (excellent when getting my design on).
I am not putting this up to shove in the face of my roommate Luke and his even greater tragedy, no I'm putting this up to say thank you to those who help me in my time of need. This is for them. And to show you Luke, that there is someone to turn to in your greatest time of need: A friend with a crap-ton of music.

1 comment:

luke said...

just got a call this morning that they recovered basically my entire hard drive! so hooray!

and needless to say i will offer you any and all of my ridiculous (now-restored) 70gb of music. peace roomie.