Wednesday, January 28

Seriously Joe Walsh

Joe Walsh. A Wichita boy. Singer/Songwriter. Member of the Eagles. Poor lyricist.
Exhibit A: Song Title: "Ordinary Average Guys"


Ordinary Average Guy - Joe Walsh


For starters, this song has some creepy synthesizers throughout. I thought that maybe it was because at one time they were cool to put in music, and then I realized that unless you're Devo, you probably shouldn't use them. Also, what's up with the sound effects? Dogs barking and bowling pins, seriously.
On to the lyrics:
I'm just an ordinary average guy.
My friends all are boring was are all,
And so am I.
We're just ordinary average guys.

We all lead ordinary average lives was live,
With average kids,
And average wives.
We all go bowling at the bowling lanes,
Drink a few beers,
Bowl a few frames.
We're just ordinary average guys,
Ordinary average guys.

And every Saturday we work in the yard,
Pick up the dog doo,
Hope that it's hard (woof woof),

if the dog songs is even necessary.
Take out the garbage and clean out the garage,
My friend's got a Chrysler,
I've got a Dodge.
We're just ordinary average guys,
Ordinary average guys.

Ordinary average average guys.

I really want to draw your attention to the bolded lyrics. Are these some of the worst lyrics ever? All signs point to yes. Think about it, "Pick up the dog doo, hope that its hard". Who writes that in a song (other than Weird Al)? Just an odd song Joe. I'm a bit dumbfounded.

No comments: