Tuesday, January 13

Taking the good with the bad

I love my work, I really do. And even though I am still technically an 'intern', they recently upgraded me to the corner desk with a window! After working day in and day out at a back desk without a window, this is like burlap to cashmere here and I love it.
There are however some draw backs from sitting there:
*Around 12:18pm everyday I get light shot into my eyes. There are cars that park up against the back of the building where the window faces and there is a Pink-Floyd-Dark-Side-of-the-Moon prism-like beam of blinding light that the closest windshield lazers into my irises.
*My view is of a parking lot and of the back of a giant, old, decrepit 10-bedroom house that has been turned into 10 separate and individual apartments. I swear, this huge eye-sore undoubtedly has at least 2 meth labs in it. I have yet to see them same person more than once go to or come from that house, no joke. It is my belief that there is a rule stating: "all individuals who have anything to do with this crappy house must also drive a crappy car." The statement probably also has a clause stating: "Note: All vehicles must be more than 15 years old, have at least 2 unoriginal doors, any various color of brown, green, or rust, and it must always maintain the look that a hobo family is permanently inhabiting the vehicle."
Overall I give the new window seat a 'B+'.

No comments: